go onto full-time training at vocational colleges:
The Royal Ballet School,
Central School of Ballet,
Doreen Bird College,
Laine Theatre Arts,
and many more...
Carmichael's Students are performing in:
The West End, Ballet Companies, Cruise ships, Starting their own Dance Companies as well as Teaching and Choreographing
all over the world!
We have outstanding
We have RAD and ISTD accredited exams every term,
with an 99.9% pass rate!
RAD grades Distinctions on average percentage 76%
ISTD Grades Distinctions on average percentage 78%
ISTD Vocational Distinctions on average percentage 81%
We are an
'Approved Dance Centre'!
Approved Dance Centres consist of vocational colleges
and independent schools which have undergone
an approval process, including inspection,
to ensure they meet the ISTD and QCA standards.
These Standards include:
• the ability to provide an appropriate educational experience for students registered for ISTD teaching qualifications
• suitably qualified and experienced teaching staff
• appropriate physical facilities i.e. studio size, flooring, lighting
• staff training procedures for assessment
• appropriate mechanisms of governance and administrative procedures
• effective quality assurance
• robust health and safety complaints and appeals mechanisms
Attaining Approved Status:
Once granted, approval lasts for three years at which point Centres undergo a
Candidates’ teaching is assessed through the Approved Dance Centre by a tutor who is registered within that centre. This ensures the standardisation of assessments and facilities for candidates.
These registered tutors have also undergone an approval process to ensure they have the right skills, qualifications and experience and then attend specialised Tutor Training arranged by ISTD HQ focused specifically on the ISTD teaching qualifications and the generic skills required of teachers across all sectors.